Sunday, June 13, 2010

25 hours and counting....(26,27...)

Hello from Germany! I apologiye right now to anyone reading this who is confused by my mix up of the letter z and the letter y. The keyboard is differnt so bear with me. I was told to add pictures to this, but to be honest, I've been so caught up in everything that I haven't remembered to take any. That will change tomorrow! Claudia has to study for a test so I am here to write to you all about what I've done so far with my 25 hours of alertness. Yes, that does say 25 HOURS. When I first got to Claudia's house, I learned her mother doesn't speak much english and her father doesn't know anything more than the word Chicken (which he learned from McDonald's), but that's okay because Claudia and her older sister Birgit speak enough to help me understand. I learned a new game today! It's kinda of like Yahtzee! I think. I haven't played that game in a while. But, considering I was not exactly sure what I was doing, I won! After that, we had lunch and then her family took me on a tour of Sachsenheim (the town they live in). There's a castle here! It's not as big as some of the ones we'll be seeing, but it was still cool! By the way, 7 and a half hours didnät seem so bad until I'd been on the plane for a 3 hours and started to get antsy. I know this is all kind of jumbled. I'm sorry. Everything is going well so far. We're watching the first Germany game tonight! Good luck to them!

Here's to a fun week ahead!
Marisa Bellie

P.S. The ice cream place in town is really yummy! I will post pictures in my next blog, I promise!
Thanks soo much to my family for letting me go on this trip. I can tell it's going to be something I won't ever forget.