Monday, June 14, 2010

Ita v. Par 1-1

(Scott and Liz at Ulmer Münster Cathedral)
As of right now, the World cup score of Italy vs. Paraguay is 1-1.


But enough of that, let's talk about the orchestra's second day in Germany!


Today a lot of us were feeling better after getting some much needed sleep, but we still had bags under our eyes from the day before.


Instead of going to Munich and Dachau (because Dachau is closed on Mondays), we went to the Ulmer Münster Chathedral, a small town that I've forgotten the name of and we visted Neuschwanstein Castle (Cinderella's castle).


At the Ulmer Münster Cathedral some of us climbed the cathedrals tower to the very top. Most of the students made it half way up and stopped from exhaustion or fear of heights. I wouldn't blame them either, If you made it to the top, you would've covered over 700 stairs and would've been 161,53 meters in the air (that's 52,995 feet). Some scary stuff. I made it all the way though and I'm VERY proud of myself. I believe a round of applause should go to Marc Vanderjack (sorry if I misspelled!) though because he overcame two fears: Stairs and heights, and made it to the top of the tower. Congratulations!!
At the small town that I can't remember the name of we were able to do some shopping and eat our lunches. And at Neuschwanstein castle everyone took a tour. We were not allowed to take photography inside the castle but the walls were covered with paintings of Ludwig the II's favorite plays.
On the 4 hour bus ride home many of us fell asleep, after all that walking we were worn out.
It is 22.10 and the score is still 1-1. I'm retiring for the evening.
Goodnight!
-Katie Rusch