Sunday, June 13, 2010

Greetings From Germany

(Saturday, 11 am, North High School)
After about 30 hours of being awake my body clock is completely off. It doesn't know when to sleep or when to eat. I only took a 2 hour nap today and I'm going to bed early tonight so I hope that resets everything.


Everything that's happened over the past 2 days is a blur though.

When was it we got on the bus at north and when was it we landed and wove our way through Germany? What are we doing tomorrow? Where are we meeting? What's 'Tomorrow' anyway? It feels like it should be Wednesday already.


I really need a goodnight's rest, but first the football match! My host family is really exicted about this match (for good reason) and I agreed to watch a little bit with them before I go to bed.

In fact, this entire neighborhood is excited. They're already blowing horns and waving their flags. My host family says that this nationalism is new for Germany, but everyone is welcoming it. Germany is really excited about these games, perhaps this World Cup isn't just good karma for Africa, but for Germany too.


Oh, did you know that during the games Africa handed out horns to the crowd and we every one blows them at once is sounds like a swarm of angry bees? Fun stuff.


The games start in 10 minutes so I'm logging off, sorry if this post was horribly fractured, like I said, I've been awake for 30ish hours here.
-Katie Rusch