Sunday, June 27, 2010

O Jet Lag...

Well it's about 7 am right now back in the states, however I've already been up for an hour or so. I was quite dismayed when I popped out of bed at 6, hungry for lunch, only to realize what time it really was. What made it better was I woke up so confused as to where I was, and I wondered why the hostel beds had all of a sudden become so comfortable.

So, I figur
ed since I've got some
time before the rest of the sensible world wakes up, I'd get in a
final blog.

Our last day has been pretty well covered I think. We saw three Gaudi
sites, and had some more free time to ourselves. The Gaudi tour convered La Pedrera, Park Guell, and La Sangrada Familia. My favorite part of the day was La Sangrada Familia. The cathedral is absolutely gorgeous! Construction started in 1882, and won't be complete for at least another 20 years! I hope someday to be able to go back and see it after completion; I can't imagine it being any greater than it is now. The intricacy of the design and decoration is amazing.


















Of course La Pedrera and Park Guell were amazing as well. Park Guell was a great exhibit some of Gaudi's best and most famous tile work. We also determined that The Cheetah Girls 2 was filmed here. :) La Pedrera, or La Casa Mila, was a great tribute to Gaudi's mind and the surreal aspect of his art. Dali himself was photographed on the terrace of the house.



























Finally, I'd just like to send a shout out to all of the wonderful people that made this trip what it was. All of our fabulous conductors and fearless chaperones, as well as our host families and tour guides, and of course, good old Joseph. It was a fabulous two weeks, and I'm extremely grateful for all the work you guys put in to make it so, It was a great way to end my senior year, and I'll remember it forever!

For the last time,
Thanks,
Dana