Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Strausburg & 3 stupid guys

So, today we went to Strausburg , France, and my 3 zears (stupid Y's and Z's!) of french finallz paid off! I translated for my group in the bakery, where the owner spoke no english at all. I was very pleased with myself. I also taught them basic words like 'bonjour' and 'merci' and 'excusez-moi' (I can't find the quotation marks), all of which came in handy. Later, we saw the Louis Vuitton and Gucci stores, and took pictures of them. What can I say? We're girls! Anywazs, on the way back we stopped at the monostary that we were going to visit friday, but can't because we are going to Dachua. Mr. Miller told us to keep the guys from doing anything stupid, as we had 30 min of free time to look around. Needless to say, we did not succeed. I won't name names, but 3 guys decided to take a 'shortcut' back from the vinyards behind the monostary. This 'shortcut' was through a field of some unknown plant with either thorns or nettles. They came back all scratched up with welts all over their arms. 'Sorry Mr. Miller, but we couldn't keep them from doing something stupid!' WHY did they run through a field of unknown plants? Simple, because they are guys! (No offense) ;]